Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Flowers in the Winter

Our winter lasted longer this year than any other year I can remember. It was still snowing in May. I love snow, but this was crazy, miserable, ever-lasting snow and it was not enough snow to cover the dismal dirty gray ground left behind after the beautiful white of winter had melted away.

By the middle of March, I had had it. I needed some spring. I needed something...

Enter a tiny bunch of sweet yellow daffodills on the dining room table.


It is so wonderful how something so small can make such a significant impact. (Cleaning off the table certainly didn't hurt - somehow piles of mail, dishes, newspaper, play-doh, and crayons don't give me that same feeling of calm and serenity)

My table only looks like this on average one or two days a week, but when it does, I just want to invite a friend over to sit at it and enjoy a cup of hot coffee with me. So, perhaps it's good that the table isn't usually this clean or I would never get anything done!

Don't you love the cheer and serenity a simple bouquet of fresh flowers can bring? My favorites are the $7.99 bouquets of a single type of flower from my grocery store. A simple bunch of tulips in red, pink, or yellow can sure make a big impact and at only $5 - $10, it's an affordable way to brighten things up once a month or so.

Love it.
.

No comments: