Pages

Monday, November 10, 2008

Nesting?

What is regular household activity and what is nesting? Lately when I tell someone what I did over the weekend or last night, they ask if that means I'm nesting. I sure don't think so. Yesterday we cleaned the ovens and toaster oven, baked pumpkins and squash to freeze, made pumpkin pie and groundcherry pie and froze those, cleaned out the refrigerator, did about 8 loads of laundry and packed up the halloween decorations. Last weekend I made wild rice soup and froze that for when I don't feel like cooking and my sister Carrie dropped off some frozen meals for us this weekend, which will also be great to have post-hospital! This weekend Cliff also cleaned out the sump basket in the basement and did some very thorough cleaning in the canning room (had some rotten apples in there). I don't think this is nesting. I think this is just regular old housekeeping. A few weeks ago Cliff and I spent an entire morning organizing our bedroom closets. I also went through my "pile" of papers which included everything from records that needed to be filed away to leftover Christmas cards from last year, to things I meant to mail to people and hadn't yet. So, some of you may have received something in the mail from me in the last couple of weeks, but I likely have no idea what it was. I found sealed, addressed, stamped envelopes that had never been mailed, so I just sent them off! Hope there was something fun inside! I've also washed all the baby clothes and bedding, washed all of the rugs and throw blankets in the house, and am working on organizing the hall closet so that I can actually fit our extra bedding in there since right now it is full and I still have a basket of folded extra sheets sitting in our bedroom. So, I'm not sure if I'll go through the nesting stage or if I will even know if I do, but for now, we're just trying to keep on top of things so that we don't fall too far behind after baby arrives. Now if I could just get the windows cleaned and get the rest of the screens put on. We've only lived in the house for over a year and still don't have all of the screens on the windows. : ) What's the rush now, it's winter again! We'll be watching the snow fly while snuggled up by the fireplace!

No comments: