Pages

Monday, September 14, 2009

You may have noticed I haven't posted anything in several days now... it's not for lack of things to write about, just for lack of time. We've been busy having a great weekend. Couldn't really ask for much more. We had a little get together at our place on Saturday since my sister was in town for the weekend and she wanted a chance to see everyone. Most of my family made it over and we had a fun time playing croquet and bocce ball, and eating and sitting around a fire. The house and yard were full of kids playing and enjoying the beautiful weather. Soccer balls bouncing off the silo, dogs chasing tennis balls, bocce balls rolling across the lawn and smiles and laughter all around! Everyone brought food to share and it was delightful. We had freshly picked raspberries, locally grown grapes, fruit pizza, zucchini muffins, pulled pork sandwiches and sloppy joes, crisp apples, deviled eggs, crab pasta salad, chocolate swirl cake, Mom's yummy cole slaw, and apple dessert just to name a few. What I mean to say is that we thoroughly stuffed ourselves with the summer's delicious bounty and a lot of good old home cooking! It was fantastic! Thank you to everyone for a great time! Cliff, Gavin and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!

Sunday morning I thoroughly appreciated time spent with some VIPS in my life over breakfast at Key's Cafe, one of my favorite places for breakfast and lunch. I left breakfast feeling pleasantly satisfied from the wonderful omelet I'd just savored, but more importantly, emotionally at ease from the conversation we'd shared. I am reminded again to be thankful for the people in my life and the fulfillment I get from my relationships. I'm hopeful and thankful for love and happiness.

Sunday afternoon was spent at my parents house with Gavin and a mixy-match group of my sisters... coming and going, saying hello, stopping or a visit or to work on a project, bringing sweetcorn for freezing, raspberries for eating, or offering creativity and muscle for the current garden project.

Gavin was in bed Sunday night at 8:30 and Cliff and I were in bed by 9:45. Opened the windows and doors to let in the crisp evening air... and drifted off to dream...

No comments: