Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Christmas?

Gavin and I were in Target the other day looking for "pumpkin" favors for his class's pumpkin party this week. Yes, they celebrate the pumpkins, but not Halloween. I know. It seems a little overboard to me too, but I'm okay with it. We still do lots of Halloween stuff at home.

So, while we're sifting desperately through the last remaining Halloween stuff at Target, Gavin pointed out all of the CHRISTMAS lights on display. Really? Christmas? I love Christmas, don't get me wrong. I really, really love Christmas time. I am just not ready yet.  

...but then I saw this video and it made me so, so ready for Christmas. not for the hustle and bustle, not for the shopping malls and gift wrap, but for the quiet, cozy evenings gazing at the twinkling Christmas tree, the singing of Christmas hymns, the warming of hearts and giving of love.

If you haven't yet seen this video, you should watch it. As Gavin would say about something that makes him cry, "it makes my eyes a little weak"






https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200179995287209

I know it's early, but wow. Makes me want to sing... and then cry. 

No comments: