Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Puddles

There is no prim

and proper way

to pounce upon

a puddle

unless the

puddle's little

and you are

very subtle

Source: I think this is from Puddle Jumper by Andrea Perry, but I found just this bit of it online and I honestly couldn't figure out if it was part of another poem or if this was it.

I liked it. I like puddle jumping. Gavin sure enjoyed it. He walked back and forth, end to end, splashing and marching, until he finally said to me, "Mom, I geddeen code. Mine pants aw wet ad mine socks aw wet. I wanna go inna house" It didn't help that the wind yesterday was really cold. He isn't a fan of the wind. But, he tolerated the wind for the chance to puddle-jump... just imagine how much fun he'll have with the puddles when the weather is a little warmer and the wind is gone.

No comments: