Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

God's Frosty Masterpiece


We woke yesterday morning to a wonderful gift! The four days of fog, gray skies, and dreary weather that have had me feeling gloomy myself brought the most beautiful frost!

I am usually the first one outside on a morning like this. I love the opportunity to take some pictures, but just the chance to take a quick walk out in the beautifully painted woods before the sun burns off the frost is a treat for me! Cliff knows how much I love it and he also knows that I occasionally miss the chance because I get tied up with something that seems more important at the time. He knows that whenever I miss it, I regret not getting out there. He had a quick errand to run first thing in the morning, and once he had pulled out of the driveway, he called me and said I should get the camera and go out for a walk. He was back home in no time and offered to stay in with Gavin, who didn't want to go outside (imagine that!) so I could go out. I am so thankful that not only do I have Cliff to take care of Gavin so I can go out, but that he knows me so well and knew that I would want to get out there as soon as I could.

The yard and the woods were quiet except for the skitter of a few little critters. I took my time walking, taking in each sight, from the detail of the tiny little snow sculptures on each pine needle and leaf to the grand and magnificent sight of the frosty woods with the fog-covered road in the background. Like loving the sight of a beautiful painting, and still appreciating every little brushstroke.

 Rosehips and Pine Branches

 The treetops in our front yard

 Buckthorn berries in the woods

 Canopy over the end of our driveway

 The tiny stone puppy under the old maple tree.


  Frosty Spruce Tree

 
 
 

 

 


This makes the now five days of dreary weather completely worth it! When the sun does come back out, I will rejoice in it, but before I do so, I will remember that the gloomy skies and damp air brought us this frosty masterpiece! 

5 comments:

april said...

I was up and out of bed as soon as I saw the sight outside on that morning. :) I didn't even get dressed, ust threw on my winter coat over my pajamas, and I was outside snapping photos!

april said...

I was up and out of bed as soon as I saw the sight outside on that morning. :) I didn't even get dressed, ust threw on my winter coat over my pajamas, and I was outside snapping photos!

april said...

Sorry. It gave me an error the first time...

Dana said...

That was such a beautiful day! Even on my drive home in the afternoon, when the sun was out, there were still many trees still covered in frost. It was so pretty with the sun shining on the frosty trees.

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful pictures! WOW! I need to know what kind of camera you have!