Pages

Monday, September 28, 2009

Boys Weekend

Today is Monday and after a weekend of staying up too late, eating too much, laughing and talking until there was nothing left to say, and enjoying the breathtaking fall colors of Northern Wisconsin, I should be all worn out... but I feel refreshed. I'll admit, I'm tired... but I feel good. I spent the weekend with my sisters, niece, Mom and aunt in a beautiful cabin on a lake near Minocqua, WI that sleeps 14. I'll share some pictures later this week.

While I was away hanging out with the girls, the boys were bonding at home. Gavin is such a lucky little boy to have a Dad as wonderful as his. They stopped by a friend's house Saturday morning for a quick visit, went to the Harley-Davidson dealership, and went grocery shopping. On Sunday, they spend most of the day at home, out in the yard, and had a couple of short visits from friends. It's not so much what Gavin and Cliff do together, it's how they do it. When it's just the two of them, having their own special time, there seems to be a sort of partnership going on, a comraderie of sorts. When I am involved, it's not the same, their dynamics change. When it's just the two of them, you can plainly see just how much fun they have, doing nothing of particular importance.

Storytime on the living room floor.
A book for each of them.
Feet up in the air.
Dog kisses just for good measure.
and Plenty of giggles.











No comments: