Pages

Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!


I am a sucker for cute vintage Valentines. (and 1930's fabrics and wallpaper and kitchen appliances). Let me be clear, however, that not all vintage Valentines are cute. There are some really hideous ones out there. Many of them have a very floral, tall skinny lady in a dress, posing in the most unnatural places and positions. Yes, I did just use the word "floral" to describe a person. These women are depicted in rosy dresses and rosy hats and rosy gloves. They're just plain ugly. And don't get me started on the fat cherub with make-up on. What is less natural than a fat baby boy wearing lipstick and mascara holding cupid's bow and arrow? Eww!

My favorites are the little girls (think Campbell's soup kids) holding heart shaped umbrellas or the boys riding a bicycle holding a valentine in the bike's handlebar basket. Of course, I couldn't find my pictures of those - they're on a jump drive somewhere. But here are a few other cute ones.
And for the animal lovers...













Happy Valentine's Day.

P.S. Gavin wore his I (heart) Mommy shirt to daycare today... (you know... because it has a heart on it... and tomorrow is Valentine's Day... get it?)

2 comments:

Dreams and Designs said...

Oh! Those are too funny!!!! I like some of that vintage stuff too. I wonder if that was an x-rated card or just coincidence? LOL

nana banana said...

Love the Valentines. Too funny! :) GB