Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

3 Weeks Old Today

It has b n a week since I have posted anything on the blog and I know I still owe you all the birth story, but honestly, where has the time gone? It's now 11:30 and so far today I have fed Gavin a couple of times, changed two diapers, had a cup of coffee and a bowl of cereal, fed the dog and put him outside, put wood in the fireplace, and... that's it. Gavin and I got up at 7:00 this morning, so in over four hours, those are my accomplishments. I have not showered, haven't thought yet about lunch, considered walking outside for a few minutes, but then Gavin didn't like that idea and decided to wake up and scream for a few minutes. He is now sleeping peacefully in his swing and so rather than eat, go outside, shower, or nap, I am FINALLY posting something.

We are all happy and mostly healthy. Cliff came down with a tough cold last weekend and we've been doing everything possible to keep Gavin and I from getting it, short of having Cliff move out of the house. He has been sleeping in Gavin's bedroom, since Gavin sleeps in our room, so all of us can get the most sleep possible. We've been wiping down door handles, light switches, faucet handles, cabinet pulls, etc. with Clorox wipes, and Cliff hasn't held Gavin (or me for that matter) since Sunday. Cliff seems to be feeling better, so we're hoping all of the care he has taken is paying off and he is getting over the cold. We got another 3" of snow overnight Monday night and yesterday morning, so the yard is covered in a nice blanket of white. It's really beautiful, and I'd love to take some pictures of Gavin out there, but it is FRIGID! It was 1 degree above zero when we got up this morning.

On Sunday, we went to cut our Christmas tree. Gavin stayed in the car because it was too cold for him to come out and help us choose the tree, but he helped us decorate the tree last night. The house is currently full of boxes of Christmas decorations and the floor has a light dusting of pine needles and glitter (from the ornaments), but there are more important things right now than housework... like the little baby that is waking up and ready to eat! Gotta run!

1 comment:

Dreams and Designs said...

I'm with ya! No shower in 2 days!! lol. Great photos, he's such a sweetie!